R. For the Anxious, Nervous, and Insecure: The Bill of Assertive Rights

 “A BILL OF ASSERTIVE RIGHTS" by Dr. Manuel J. Smith


I: You have the right to judge your own behavior, thoughts, and emotions, and to take the responsibility for their initiation and consequences upon yourself.


II: You have the right to offer no reasons or excuses for justifying your behavior.


III: You have the right to judge if you are responsible for finding solutions to other people’s problems.


IV: You have the right to change your mind.


V: You have the right to make mistakes—and be responsible for them.


VI: You have the right to say, “I don’t know.”


VII: You have the right to be independent of the goodwill of others before coping with them.


VIII: You have the right to be illogical in making decisions.


IX: You have the right to say, “I don’t understand.”


X: You have the right to say, “I don’t care.”


YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY NO, WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY”



Found in When I Say No, I Feel Guilty, by Manuel J. Smith

https://www.google.com/books/edition/When_I_Say_No_I_Feel_Guilty/cCRCurzXzugC?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Kaprena Moore, CSW

About Boone Christianson, LMFT

Steps Family Therapy Clinic Information