About Kaprena Moore, CSW

 I am a mom, wife, therapist, foodie, musician, audiobook worm, and morning walk-taker. I’m sure I’m a few more things but these are my favorites right now. I come from a very big family, with 6 sisters and three brothers! Now that my siblings and I are having children of our own, we are roughly the size of a small village. I absolutely love my family. They are my best friends, in-laws included! 




I met my Boone several years ago on a dating app (see his therapist profile for a little more of the story) after having been a single mom for a minute after my first marriage ended. He is the best human I know. He has walked with me through the minefield of my own past trauma and triggers and sees me as a whole human. Much of how I work with my clients on their trauma is based on the healing experiences I had and continue to have with Boone as we navigate mine. Joining him at Steps Family Therapy after finishing school was a no-brainer. OF COURSE I wanna work with my best friend!


We have two children, Dominic, age 5, (step son to Boone) and Lily Eilif, age 2. They are a riot. Children have this incredible ability to be adorable, infuriating, lovable, and triggering all at the same time. How do they manage it? Boone and I are both thrilled to get to be stay-at-home parents and work our dream jobs by splitting the work week. We’ve found that trading days at home is truly our ideal life. Both of us want the mornings at the pool with the kids and the beautiful bond we feel with our clients, walking with them on their journey. It’s such a privilege to get to do both.


I would describe myself as outgoing, assertive, and massively loving. I like real conversation. I don’t beat around the bush. I learned from a young age that my personality was too big to try to shrink or hide so I just tried to find the people who liked me for me. I’ve learned that I’d rather eat dirt than talk about the weather when we could be talking about the real stuff: relationships, suffering, spiritual breakthroughs, the reason you hate country music, etc. 


Therapy has changed my life. I love it and I believe in it- because I believe in humans. We are incredible. In all the messiness we find meaning. In all the heaviness we find hope.


*I am not currently taking new clients or adding to my waitlist. (9/3/2024)



Populations and Areas of Specialty:


Individuals (ages 5+)

Trauma

Anxiety

Depression

OCD

Attachment Disorders

Faith Crisis/Faith Transitions

Motherhood Issues

Sexuality/Sex Issues

Addiction


Couples and Families

Marriage prep

Attachment issues

Parenting struggles 

General Family Therapy 

Sexual Intimacy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Boone Christianson, LMFT

Steps Family Therapy Clinic Information